At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic our physiotherapists have a special interest in treating sports injuries. Our aim is to restore you to optimal health and return you to your chosen sports in the shortest possible time using a variety of sports injury treatments and rehabilitation procedures.
Common Sporting Injuries We Treat
Acute sporting injuries including:-
- Ankle sprains
- Knee joint and ligament injuries
- Shoulder injuries including dislocations
- Muscle strains and tears (hamstring, calves and quads)
- Neck and back injuries
- Haematomas (muscle corks.)
Long Term (Chronic) injuries including:-
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonopathy
- Patellar tendonosis
- Osgood- Schlatters Disease
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow.
Post-Operative Sports Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is essential following joint reconstructive surgeries such as ACL repair (knee reconstruction) and shoulder surgery following dislocation, as well as arthroscopic surgeries of the knee and hip (e.g. meniscal repair). A comprehensive, graded rehabilitation programme coupled with hands-on treatment and advice will ensure an optimum outcome from your surgery.
Sports Injury Treatment
At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, we use a variety of techniques to ensure rapid return to sport following your injury or operation.
Our Sports Injury Treatments include:-
- Joint mobilizations to restore motion and relieve pain
- Massage, stretches and soft tissue releases to restore flexibility
- Graduated exercise programmes to restore muscle strength, power and endurance
- Balance, coordination and sports specific drills to return to your chosen sport
- Screening to detect factors which predispose to injury. Addressing these factors will decrease the likelihood of recurrence.
For further information on our sports injury treatments or to make an appointment to see our sports injuries physiotherapist, please call Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic on +61 7 3855 1367.
We Proudly Support
We sponsor and proudly support West Arana Hills Rugby League Football Club, Ferny Grove Falcons Junior AFL Club, Arana United Futsal Club, Westside Grovely FC, and Ferny Grove Bowls, Sports and Community Club.